Have you got what it takes to go that extra Mile, be the support for carers and clients out in the field. We have a lovely Senior Carer position within community care in and around York, If you have experience in health and social care and is looking for a step forward in your career, please get in touch we would love to hear from you.
At all times set a positive example to colleagues.
Lead by example in attitude, be positive about the company and your role
Demonstrate a high standard of Care Work
Maintain a high standard of Appearance
Be at all times respectful to colleagues and clients
Be supportive when extra effort or hours are required
Demonstrate an understanding of confidentiality.
1. Carry out Direct Observations as directed by the Manager and provide accurate feedback. Complete the competency assessments with new staff and sign them off as competent when appropriate
2. Do Spot checks as directed by the Assistant Manager and provide accurate feedback
3. Complete client calls as required.
4. New client introductions as required. Attend client assessments and reviews as required.
5. Work alongside carers to improve their performance and provide feedback. It may be necessary on occasion to attend meetings with a manager and a carer to review their performance.
6. Assist in keeping Care Plans in the clients homes up to date and keeping the folders tidy and topped up. Assist in writing Care Plans for new clients as required.
7.Participate in the on call rota as directed by the company
8. Assist in the distribution of MAR charts, medications , pads etc as required. Assist in keeping MAR charts up to date and accurate.
9. In conjunction with the Registered Manager and the Assistant Manager focus on a few targeted clients at a time to review and improve our service making it fully appropriate for the individual client.
10. Regular shifts to be scheduled to suit WHC requirements and yourself. This will include some morning, evening and weekend working.
11. You will be expected to be available to cover sickness, as a last resort, outside of your normal availability if required.
12. Assist with administrative tasks in the office as required. This could include answering the telephone, scheduling rotas, writing MAR charts and other administrative tasks
13. Attend Senior Carer meetings and staff meetings as required.
Reference ID: SENIOR2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00-£12.00 per hour
Full PPE is supplied and training provided.
Please complete the application form and email to email@example.com