Join our Relief team of Carers to support short term packages of care enabling us to provide proactive and responsive care packages for the vulnerable and Elderly within York.
We are looking for carers to be flexible and use our Company to pick up work to fit in with your lifestyle...
This can be adhoc or on a regular basis to meet the changing needs of our clients for our new responsive services.
Purpose of Position
A Full induction and all PPE will be given
To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of service users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. Care provided by carers is expected to include care that would reasonably be given by members of the service user’s own family and will not include tasks that would normally be undertaken by a trained nurse.
Training will be given before undertaking any tasks and Care Workers will be required to make themselves available for such training. Reasonable notice will be given by the line manager of any necessary training.
- To assist service users with all personal care needs including, undressing, washing, bathing and toileting needs.
- To assist service users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence and help in use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- To support and care for service users who are dying.
- To engage in the promotion of mental and physical well being of service users through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- To make and change beds and all domestic tasks within the household.
- Where required, to assist with service users laundry, including using a washing machine where necessary.
- To read and write reports, and take part in staff and service users’ meetings and in training activities as directed.
- To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- To comply with Wetherby Home Care’s policies and procedures at all times, which includes the service users care plan .
- To report to the registered manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a service user.
- To report to the management any Safeguarding concerns
- To encourage service users to remain as independent as possible.
- All staff are required to attend mandatory training where appropriate, this includes induction and National Vocational Qualifications or their equivalent.
- To enable and assist service users to maintain on a day to day basis as much autonomy and independence as possible.
- To support and assist service users in identifying risks and recording the support plan which minimizes and manages the identified risk
- To agree and record with the service user their needs wishes and preferences and how these will be met.
- Identify and support appropriately service users with capacity and those who lack capacity.
- Record appropriately all decisions which relate to service users who lack capacity.
- Involve and consult with service users, their families, representatives or advocates to ensure that the service user’s views are expressed and acted upon.
- Attend reviews of care as appropriate.
- Update and continually improve practice by a mutually agreed method which may include attendance at staff meetings, learning support briefings and one-to-one supervision.
- Take responsibility in conjunction with line manager for identifying further learning.
- Be aware of requirements regarding codes of practice and relevant codes of conduct where appropriate issued by professional bodies.
- Understand Outcomes and Regulations as defined by the Essential Standards of Health and Safety issued by the Care Quality Commission.
- Promote good practice and be vigilant in recognising and reporting practice which does not meet the defined standard.
- To assist and contribute to any regulatory body inspection or monitoring visit.
This position is for Relief work and could work alongside any permanent role or commitments you may already have.
Reference ID: RELIEF2020
Part-time hours: 0-48 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.00-£11.00 per hour
Full PPE and training given.